Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
[email protected] cdr.ckharris@gmail.com is offline

Default calculate percentage of month passed

On Wednesday, September 9, 2009 at 8:40:12 AM UTC-10, Anita wrote:
I want to know how many days have lapsed in a month, every month, as a
percentage. So far we are doing it week by week, ie after the first week has
gone we say that 25% of the month has gone. We need it to be more acurate.
The problem we are having is that each month has a different amount of days.
Is there a formula we can use for this and one for the percentage of the
month left?

Thank you

Anita

Try this formula ... may be simpler ...
=day(A1)/day(eomonth(a1,0))

On a similar vein, to determine the percentage remaining in a month ...
=1-day(A1)/day(eomonth(a1,0))

Chuck