Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected] info@ecsystems.nl is offline

Default vba code to send a filename to word without starting a new session

Hello,

I got pretty far with my vba project but got stuck now.

What I have so far:
I have 2 monitors, on the left an excel sheet with filenames and on the right Word running.
When I click on a cell with a filename a Word session is started with the file opened.

The issue:
Each cell click results in a new Word session being started.

What Im looking for:
Vba code to tell a running Word session to display the file selected in question (and not open a new Word session)
The point being is that Word can be sized to best fit the right monitor and stay that way while different files are selected from excel and viewed in Word.

Probably some sort of DDE call needed but cant figure out how. In the near future Id like this to work for powerpoint, IE and pdf-readers as well.
Windows 7 and office 2010.

Maybe there is a generic document viewer which has the option €śallow only one instance€ť which would solve the issue as well.