Jim Rech

I don't see a way to change Excel's behavior. You could navigate to your
root data fold one more time and then pick Add To My Places under the Tools
drop down in the Select Data Source dialog (or just the File, Open dialog).
Then you'll at least be only 1 click away from the place you really want to
be.

You can make the "My Places" panel use small icons if it's too cluttered.
Just right-click on it and make the small icons choice from the bottom of
the popup.

--
Jim
"Barry Treadway" wrote in message
| In Excel 2002 (Windows XP Pro OS), is there a way to have the Import
External