Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected] wizardgeophysicist@gmail.com is offline

Default Inserting Rows based on cell differences and interpolating in between

Hello -

I have a complicated issue. I have a file with 5 columns (A, B, C, D, E).
A is fixed string value.
B is a number increasing irregularly.
C, D, E, are given values.

What I need to do is have column B regular (i.e. every 1). So I have to insert columns between B (i.e. B2-B1) will determine how many rows between B1 & B2 and then B3-B2 will determine how many rows between B2 & B3 and so on.
After this inserting the rows, I have to linear interpolate columns C, D & E in the newly create empty columns. In all cases I want to keep the original values and interpolate between them.

The other issue is that column B has decimal/fraction, but I think I can round this to the nearest integer to make it easier for interpolation.