Jay

Default Formula HELP

Okay, I can see where you are coming from. If I have a value see examples
below:

C44 = 500 and C45 = 225. What approach would you suggest to use by placing
an "X" in cell C = "X" to make cell C44 = 725 and make cell C45 = 0?
Effectively rolling the value from cell C45 into cell C44.

I await your reply. Thanks again for your valued input.

"Frank Kabel" wrote:

Hi
so you already have a manual entered value in cell C45?. if yes: you
can't have both in one cell: a formula and a cell value. Formulas can't
change the content of other cells

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"Jay" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Thanks, Frank.

What about the first formula? The second one as stated works fine,

it's the
first that is not working well. It is as follows:

=IF($C$1="X",0,(C45)). I
want to make this cell C45 = 0 if C1 = "X". If C1 = "" make C45 = to

real
value, whatever it is!

Thanks,...again for your input.

"Frank Kabel" wrote:

Hi
not really sure what you're trying to achieve. could you give some
examples.

Note: The second formula is much to complicated. try:
=C44+IF(C1="X",C45,0)

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"Jay" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
I am using these two formulas to clear one cell of it's values

and
put in a 0
instead of it's original value: =IF($C$1="X",0,(C45)), then

roll-up
that
value into the value of the cell above in cell C44:
=SUM((SUM(C44)+IF(C1="X",(C45),0))).

However, I'd like to leave in place any original value (if there

is a
value)
in cell C45 if the C1 = "". Only make C45 = 0 if C1 = "X".

Hope I explained thing correctly. The second (function) part work
well, it's
the first (function) part that fails.

Thanks,