lunker55

Thanks Dave. I'll give it a try.
Joe

"Dave Peterson" wrote in message
This uses dates in column A:

Option Explicit
Sub testme()

Dim wks As Worksheet
Dim FirstRow As Long
Dim LastRow As Long
Dim iRow As Long

Set wks = Worksheets("sheet1")
With wks
.UsedRange.Rows.AutoFit
FirstRow = 2 'headers in 1

For iRow = LastRow To FirstRow Step -1
If .Cells(iRow, "A").Value = .Cells(iRow - 1, "A").Value Then
'do nothing
Else
.Rows(iRow).RowHeight = .Rows(iRow).RowHeight * 2
End If
Next iRow
End With

lunker55 wrote:

Thank you thank you thank you. So simple!
I also like your idea of changing the row height at every date change.
But I'm not sure I like having some rows with data having different row
heights.
Joe

"Myrna Larson" wrote in message
You must select the entire list before you go to
Data/Filter/AutoFilter.

BTW, to eliminate problems like this, I would delete the blank rows and
have
your macro increase the row height when the date changes. The visual
effect is
the same, problems like the current one are eliminated.

On Mon, 3 Oct 2005 09:51:03 -0400, "lunker55"
wrote:

I have a macro that puts two blank rows between every row that has a
different day. The problem is the autofilter does not see anything past
the
blank rows.
It worked on my old file, and I can't remember how I did it. I'm sure
someone on this group showed me how to do it the first time.
Thanks,
Joe

--

Dave Peterson