Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Paul Doucette Paul Doucette is offline

Default Error on paste

On Wednesday, July 27, 2016 at 1:59:49 PM UTC-4, Paul Doucette wrote:
This code has worked in the past for copying an oval shape with a clear background from one sheet to another. (we use it to circle info we wish to draw attention to). But it recently began to error at Activesheet.Paste. Any thoughts on why that might be? Or a way to fix, or do differently? Thanks in advance, Paul

Private Sub CommandButton2_Click()
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Sheets("Sheet2").Select
ActiveSheet.Shapes("Oval 2").Select
Selection.Copy
Sheets("Sheet1").Select
ActiveSheet.unprotect
ActiveSheet.Paste
Selection.ShapeRange.IncrementLeft -12.75
Selection.ShapeRange.IncrementTop -30.25
Sheets("Sheet1").Select
Sheets("Sheet1").Select
ActiveSheet.protect DrawingObjects:=False, Contents:=True, Scenarios:=True
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End Sub

Still hanging up at .Paste