Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
GS[_6_] GS[_6_] is offline

Default VBA - How to "execute" a dynamic variable assignment

GS wrote:

Good reply! Wasn't thinking about adding to a VBA project...

In this case the entire module code could be written in a single
column, then exported to a .bas, then imported into a VBA project.

The page I linked to shows that exporting to a .bas is an unnecessary
step.

IIRC it can also be done via the VBScript runtime using eval() -- but
it looks like that function may have been removed from Win7 (at
least) because I can't get it to work here, even in a .vbs file...
and I don't really care enough to continue investigating.

Isabelle has offered some direct VBA that looks like a possible
approach. I haven't done much this way because I found it easier to
give my addins their own addins when user-defined extensibility (termed
'Plugins') was used with core apps. These apps (XLAs) were designed to
load any files found in their 'Plugins' subfolder. This allows users to
add their own custom features and associated menus to what I call 'core
apps' so they could automate some of the 'unique to them' tasks related
to their use of my addin.

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!