Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
GS[_6_] GS[_6_] is offline

Default Error in VB Editor Coding

"GS" wrote in message

It's not really to select windows but to close them. I run it from
a button on the VBE menu and it gets clicked often. Also before
saving to avoid windows opening when the file next loads.

Peter T

I took a look at that in v2010 and see it has a menuitem 'Close All
Windows' at the bottom.

Is this what y'all are talking about?
What does it matter how many windows are open?
(There appears to be a limit to the length of the list
*and* a 'More Windows...' option that displays more windows in
a listbox of a popup window!)

This is what I also find in v2003.

I guessed that was MZ Tools :)

I have my own menuitem in the same place, it does similar but also
collapses folders in Project Explorer.

It's about convenience rather than "matter". Easier to keep only the
windows you're working with open if navigating say with say ctrl-tab
or even form the Windows dropdown. Also when a file opens that had
been saved with open modules/windows, it can take a while to open the
same windows again next time it opens. IOW it reopens with windows in
the same state as saved.

Peter T

Yeah, the behavior is familiar. Don't know if MZ Tools collapses the
explorer tree but hoe so because that would be a convenient tool!

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!
comp.lang.basic.visual.misc