Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Claus Busch Claus Busch is offline

Default VBA to send Outlook email - stuck in Outbox

Hi Frank,

Am Mon, 20 Jun 2016 08:35:15 -0400 schrieb Phrank:

Hi. At work, employees have an individual report in a folder that they
are supposed to do each day. When they are done, there is a signoff
sheet in their workbook to which they are supposed to add their
initials. Obviously, that sometimes gets forgotten. So, my colleague
and I created a macro the loops through all of the workbooks in the
folder and looks at the sign off sheet. If the individual's initials
are not there, the macro sends the person an email. This works
absolutely fine if/when Outlook is open, but if Outlook happens to be
closed, the emails get stuck in the Outbox.

with
set appOut = CreateObject("Outlook.Application")
you start Outlook.

That your mail is in the outbox causes of the settings in Outlook.
Activate in Outlook options = Advanced = Send and receive
"Send immediatly when connected"

Regards
Claus B.
--