Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected] jamasm2010@gmail.com is offline

Default Checkbox Quandry

On Wednesday, June 15, 2016 at 6:30:00 PM UTC-5, GS wrote:
Not to discount Peter's sage advise...

FWIW
When I make forms I start with a blank sheet setup like graph paper so
I can use cells as checkboxes or disguise them as buttons. This makes
the form orders of magnitude more stable/reliable/efficient, especially
when the form uses outlines to expand/collapse sections. Code for
checkbox cells is put in event code behind the worksheet wherein
'Target' address is evaluated in a Select Case construct to match the
checkbox cell's named range. Event code also places a checkmark (via
Wingdings2 font) in the cell whenever anything is entered. (I instruct
to use the spacebar)

This approach has totally eliminated 'sheet control hell', and enables
making interactive forms with fantastic ease! Let me know if you're
interested to learn more...

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!
comp.lang.basic.visual.misc
microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion

---

Thanks, Garry, I appreciate your help. I'm not a programmer, so your a little beyond my capabilities!
James