Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Peter T[_7_] Peter T[_7_] is offline

Default Checkbox Quandry

wrote in message
On Wednesday, June 15, 2016 at 3:38:40 AM UTC-5, Peter T wrote:
wrote in message

... that worked quite well, however I'm not able to get a hold of the
section headings and copy them over.

Not sure if that's a question but if so need to give more details.

Peter T

Yes, it is a question. I went back and added checkboxes in the column in
front of the section heading and checked them. I believe the issue is that
they are not in order and the index is not in the correct spot. I haven't
had a chance to correct it, yet, but I believe that is the issue. Would
there be an easier way of doing it?
James

=======================

Not sure what you mean by "index not in the correct spot" ?

If you are referring to the row/col pair I suggested you return from the
checkbox's TopLeftCell, note topleft means exactly what it says. Checkboxes
tend to get positioned in the row above the row it mainly sits in, and/or
perhaps slightly to the left of most of the column it's in. In either case
you'd get the wrong row or column index relating to the cell it relates to
and your copy will appear to fail.

It might be better to define LinkedCell properties, then when looping
checkboxes refer to that rather than it's 'rough' position to ID it, or give
each checkbox a unique meaningful name, eg "CBox_006" and parse the 006 to
id it.

OTH, if you mean the index of the checkbox in the checkboxes collection,
that will be the ZOrder position, typically the order created.

Peter T