Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
isabelle isabelle is offline

Default Why full path in the formula to an UDF function?

hi HÃ¥kan,

try:
x = Application.UserName
MyVar = "'C:\Users\" & x &
"\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\AddIns\HBJUDF.xlam'!My Func(xxx,yyy)"

look here, to differentiate the Excel version:
http://www.rondebruin.nl/win/s9/win012.htm

isabelle

Le 2016-06-14 Ã* 14:13, hbj a écrit :
I have a project, which uses UDFs, running in several computers. When I open
the file in computer 1, after I saved it in computer 2, the call to a formula
in a cell is proceded by the full path to the UDF, where the full path points
to the path in computer 2, where it was saved (Extremely clearly
described;)). E.g.
='C:\Users\HBJ\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\AddIns\HB JUDF.xlam'!MyFunc(xxx,yyy)

HBJUDF.xlam is located in a common directory (Dropbox) accessible from all
computers.

How should I reference the UDF to prevent it to load into the local AddIns
directory?

How can I prevent Excel from adding full path name to the function call?

Thank you in advance! HÃ¥kan