b_nuruddin b_nuruddin is offline
Junior Member

Default Index / Match with condition

Part 1
I have a spreadsheet with two tabs. In the first tab (Sites) I want to populate column B with a "Y" or "N" based on whether or not the site exists in the second tab (Status).

Part 2
I also want a condition in the formula to return an "N" for any site where the status (column B of second tab) is equal to "End of Life" or " Delete" regardless of whether or not the site matches.

Currently I have a formula in column B which accomplishes part 1 but haven't been able to successfully modify it to include part 2.

I have tried the following:

=IF(OR(Table1[Status]<"End of Life",Table1[Status]<"Delete"),IF(ISNA(MATCH(A2,Table1[ID],0)),"N","Y"))

However I still get a "Y" for those sites that have an "End of Life" or "Delete" status.

Any help is appreciated

Regards,