Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
GS[_6_] GS[_6_] is offline

Default req. for ideas for numeric worksheet

On 4/23/2016 2:33 PM, Claus Busch wrote:
Hi Mike,
Am Sat, 23 Apr 2016 13:49:23 -0700 schrieb Mike S:

=(I9-H9)+(L9-K9)+(O9-N9)+(R9-Q9)
If I change L, K, O, N, R, Q to text is there a way to add just
I-H to
the balance and ignore text entries that I can paste into the
balance
column formula?

the function SUM ignores text.
Try:
=SUM(IF(MOD(COLUMN(H9:R9),3)=0,H9:R9))-SUM(IF(MOD(COLUMN(H9:R9),3)=2,H9:R9))
and insert the formula with CTRL+Shift+Enter
Regards
Claus B.

GS and Claus,

Changing the numeric entry columns to general, entering "EX" where
needed, then using SUM worked perfectly. Sum ignores non-numric as
advertised and does the math correctly... no more #VALUE cells
shouting at me from the page! I had no idea SUM worked that way.

Thank you very much!
Mike

Glad to be some help...

--