Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Desmond Walsh Desmond Walsh is offline

Default Is it possible to copy vba macros into a workbook using a vba macroto do the copying

I have a series of workbooks one for each year handling budgetary data that prepares tax information for the year in question. If I modify a macro or add a new macro, I have to manually make the modification in each of the workbooks (12 in all). Each workbook has links back to the preceding workbook so that cumulative data from year 1 can be presented in the current year.

I would like to make the VBA changes in the base year's workbook and then migrate that changed macro to all the other 11 workbooks using VBA code. Is this possible ?.

I am already using PERSONAL.XLSM to hold a library of commonly used macros.. However, I think it is poor design to place macros common to one particular series of workbooks in PERSONAL.XLSM.

Looking forward to being enlightened. Thank you.