Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
GS[_6_] GS[_6_] is offline

Default Working from data converted from a pdf file

Ok, thanks! This tells me what was used as the col delimiter. While
your sample data 'appears' tab delimited, it's better to be sure. Of
course, this means nothing if the data is already imported into the
worksheet. It means a lot if the data is stored in a text file
rather than PDF because that way it can be read into an array,
parsed as desired, then 'dumped' into a worksheet; -all quite
easily. That means the file that your PDF was created from might be
a better source if available!!!

Meanwhile, I'll also take a look at your sample file as your data
layout is similar to how my menu-builder routine reads in its data.
In this case working code for this already exists and just needs
tweaking to suit your usage!

--
Garry

Garry and Claus, here is my link.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/aguedei0jq...2016.xlsm?dl=0

Sheet1 contains all the data that nuance parsed just the way it
parsed it, pretty messed up but then it looks like the check stub
does.

On sheet2, I just put in 4 records so you could see where I was
getting the information starting at the top of sheet1.

I also included the total of the check at the bottom of sheet2 as it
appears on the sheet1. What makes this really messy is that it has 92
pages in here of pdf data it had been printed out as shown. That is a
lot of mess to process manually, so that is why I am trying to help
out an accountant in our office by tabling it so it can be mapped
into where it needs to go.

Bruce

Who creates the PDF?
Can you inquire if the data is available as a text file?

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!
comp.lang.basic.visual.misc