Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected] dvpetta@gmail.com is offline

Default Logical based Horizontal Lookup

Hello Everyone,

I'm back with a refinement on my original request. The function has been working great for me but know I want to limit which hour types will be picked up into this calculation.

Here is Klaus' formula that works fine (file called schedule template):
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bofbx5ph55...mula.xlsx?dl=0

The formula in question is:
=TEXT((MATCH("*",C2:AZ2,0)-1)/48,"hh:mm")&" - "&TEXT((MATCH("",A2:AY2,-1)-2)/48,"hh:mm")

The key bit that I'd like to change is the MATCH section of the formula which essentially says when you find any character in this array begin the start of the shift. This is done via "*" in MATCH.

What I'd like to do is have MATCH not use "*" but only look for the following characters X, S, R, H, G, C, A, M, T, B.

I've tried to insert AND and OR but to no success.

Can anyone help?