Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
L. Howard L. Howard is offline

Default Set the copy to column to a variable

Hi Claus,

Works great. A little mix up with Target cell and drop down cell, simple switch and BINGO!

That match column method rings familiar, now that I see it again. Dang, I gotta remember those things.

The OP is really looking for whatever layout I feel is appropriate. So with 100+ columns, most are half-a-mile to the right off screen. I had a so-so method where if the header (sheet name) in the drop down was off screen, say about column 14 or so, then columns 3 to 14 would be hidden. But that was using a separate cell in column a for every sheet.

Kind of like this code you offered a few days ago on a different issue. But with just the two cells for sheet name and search value I am not using it..

Range("C1:Y1").Interior.Color = xlNone

If Intersect(Target, Range("A2:A13")) Is Nothing Or Target.Count 1 Then Exit Sub

Cells(1, Target.Row * 2 - 1).Interior.Color = vbYellow

Is there a reasonable way to ..bring the destination column into the viewing screen area once it is selected in the drop down? That way the user can see the numerous scan returns and dates as they occur.

Howard