Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
The Frog[_2_] The Frog[_2_] is offline

Default Dynamic Data Validation list

Hi GS,

I appreciate your help. The coding isn't an issue for me. I can handle the coding side easily. The limitation comes from Excels inability to use a dynamic named range as an ADO data source, compounded by the 255 character limit on using VBA to define the validation list.

To the best of my knowledge there is no direct way to assign either an ADO recordset as a list source or an array (in memory) to get around the 255 character limit. This leaves the unenviable problem of trying to define the list in code and produce a new list for every dropdown in every column and row. Highly untenable.

Basically using Excel here I would have to put together a very awkward and functionally limited kludge, which I must avoid.

Do you know a way around this problem that avoids any of these unwanted scenarios?