Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
The Frog[_2_] The Frog[_2_] is offline

Default Dynamic Data Validation list

Hi Wicked. Yes I used Offset based formula to define my named ranges.

GS: What you suggest is to use code to hard define a named range then access that range via a database connectivity tool to then try and set a data validation list by code assuming it will fit in the 255 character limit. This would require different code for each dynamic validation. Or I could just use a database and handle it in a properly controlled way. I am always amazed at people trying to force poor fit methods into excel attempting something handled far better by other tools. This is a case in point. You could probably force the data into something excel might be able to work with, involving either a lot of human effort or cobbled code making it hard to support, or do it in a standardized and supportable way with a database. I appreciate your help with this but it turns out that excel is a poor choice to solve this.