wickedchew wickedchew is offline
Senior Member

Location: Philippines

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Frog[_2_] View Post
Hi GS,

I am aware of this however it does not support the use of dynamic named ranges. When you try to use one you will receive an empty resultset / zero records. Change the named range to a fixed area and the problem disappears, change it back to dynamic and it returns. You can use ADO with many different data sources actually. Its extremely flexible and suits most anything you could want to do - except with Excel.

I am beginning to wonder whether or not this limitation within Excel is deliberate. It seems odd that this one specific functional requirement is the one that you cant perform no matter how you approach it. In the meantime I'll just use the API to suck the data into a BE dtabase and stick an Access FE on top of it. I can pull in whatever Excel functions I might need for processing or analysis and get the best of both worlds without the headaches. Good thing I am highly proficient with databases and MS Access as an FE.

Cheers

The Frog
Have you used the OFFSET function to create a dynamic named range?
Asobi Wa Owari Da