Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Phrank Phrank is offline

Default Possible resources issue after running macro

On Sat, 13 Feb 2016 12:55:19 -0500, GS wrote:

On Fri, 12 Feb 2016 19:56:14 -0500, GS wrote:

The large macro is in the main workbook, and it goes
out and opens three other workbooks on our SharePoint network and
copies (i.e., updates) all of the data from one sheet in the
network file into a sheet in the main workbook. The copy code is
the most efficient I've found (see below). It doesn't add a new
sheet or delete
sheets, and it does close the other workbooks. There is part of the
routine that maintains formats (row highlights) in the main
workbook to the updates.

Just curious why you don't use ADODB so you don't have to open the
workbooks to retrieve your data? Just read the data into a recordset
and 'dump' it directly into wksTarget!

With wksSource
.Cells.Copy wksTarget.Cells(1)
End With

Well this looks to be a very familiar 'style'!<g

Hi Garry. Yeah, I may very well have gotten that copy/paste code
from you. I've been using it for quite some time.

When you talk about the ADODB, do you mean a direct connection to
that workbook? If so, I'm interested, but I'm wondering how to get
just the data from a specific worksheet this way. Could you explain
a little more, please? Thank you!

Frank

Have a look here for a tutorial...

http://www.appspro.com/conference/Da...rogramming.zip

Hi Garry,

Wow! I've used ODBC a couple times before (with the help of someone
much more experienced), but I believe with this tutorial and some more
Googling, I should be able to figure this out and apply it. VERY
interesting and helpful. Thank you!

Frank