Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Phrank Phrank is offline

Default Possible resources issue after running macro

Hi,

I'm running Office 2016 on Windows 7 (64 bit OS with 8gb RAM), and
I've got a fairly large VBA macro that I run for my departments
workload management tool. I've got 8 global variables, a main module,
and 7 other sub-routines are called as the overall macro is processed.
We've noticed, though, that after the macro runs, Excel is not very
responsive, and oftentimes the dropdown submenus from the ribbon are
not functional. If the workbook is closed and reopened, then
everything works fine again.

I stepped through the macro with the Locals window open to see what
happened with my variables, and they all get cleared. And at the end
of the project I clear the global variables.

Does anyone have any thoughts as to what may be going on here? I
think I've provided the necessary info; please let me know if you need
more.

Thank you.

Frank