Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Auric__ Auric__ is offline

Default range does not return limits correctly every time

GS wrote:

By the way, I am unfamiliar with using the ampersand ('&') for
variable typing. Is this a shortcut for integer?

It's symbolic for 'Long Integer' as row/col indexes are Long type. I
rarely use 'Short Integer' since most of my loops iterate large amounts
of data.

I use the symbols to save typing (I have Lou Gehrig's)

Sorry to hear that. That sucks a lot.

and so they were
recommended to me by a veteran VB developer. They are...

VB6 Type Declaration Character Identifiers

% Integer

& Long

! Single-Precision Floating Point

# Double-Precision Floating Point

$ String

@ Currency

All of those except Currency are standard MS BASIC and date back to *at
least* the 80's.

I avoid using the type symbols because there are (supposedly) interpreters
and/or compilers that support this nonsense:

Dim A% As Long

(I've never found one that will accept that kind of thing, but I haven't
looked very hard.)

--
We are about to change history.