Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
GS[_6_] GS[_6_] is offline

Default Graphics quality degrading

Typically, xlQualityStandard will degrade any hi-res image because its
DPI output is very low. Anything below 300dpi will usually render
'fuzzy' and so a higher setting should be chosen. MSO doesn't offer
much in the way of output quality options (or any other preferences)
for their fixed format feature.

FWIW
I do a lot of instruction manuals and user guides in Excel. I try to
resize my images to the 'LargeWeb' spec in the image viewer so that
they're optimized for CHM, WebHelp, hard copy print, and ebook output.
The latter could be pdf or html.exe file format. The resulting quality
is the same everywhere the image is used.

I also use Acrobat Pro for the ebooks. This includes the Adobe PDF
printer which allows me to customize output settings to the 'nines' and
so I prefer to use this over the fixed format feature. Once generated,
the PDF opens in Acrobat and I add the TOC and other stuff there.

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!
comp.lang.basic.visual.misc