Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected] stevepctamers@gmail.com is offline

Default Graphics quality degrading

I wonder if anyone can help with this please . . .

I am inserting images via some code provided previously from Robert via this NG; I then have code which saves the XL workbook as a PDF but the quality of the images is degraded substantially in the PDF.

My question is, does anyone know why that would be the case, and more importantly, how to resolve?

I've placed both pieces of code below.

TIA

Steve

Sub Insert_Pic_A20()

Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Range("A20").Select

SendKeys "{Enter}"
Application.Dialogs(xlDialogInsertPicture).Show

Selection.ShapeRange.LockAspectRatio = msoFalse
Selection.ShapeRange.Width = 272#
Selection.ShapeRange.Height = 152#

Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End Sub

Sub Save_As_PDF()

Dim myFile As String, myFolder As String

myFolder = "C:\Field Reports"

If Not IsFolderExists(myFolder) Then
CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject").CreateF older myFolder
End If

ChDir "C:\Field Reports"

filname = InputBox("Please enter the name for the PDF file:", "Filename")

ActiveWorkbook.ExportAsFixedFormat Type:=xlTypePDF, Filename:= _
"C:\Field Reports\" & filname & ".pdf", Quality:=xlQualityStandard, IncludeDocProperties:=True, _
IgnorePrintAreas:=False, OpenAfterPublish:=True

End Sub