Michael Graubart Michael Graubart is offline
Junior Member

Location: London, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claus Busch View Post
Hi Micheal,

Am Wed, 28 Oct 2015 11:48:22 +0000 schrieb Michael Graubart:

I added a border to a certain row of cells (a black line underneath the
row) in a spreadsheet, and saved the spreadsheet. Now I want to remove
that border, but when I do that, the grid-line corresponding to it
disappears, too.

do you have white back color in this cell? Change it to no back color.

Regards
Claus B.
--
Vista Ultimate / Windows7
Office 2007 Ultimate / 2010 Professional

I don't know how it is that I did not receive notification that you replied to my question, but I have only just found your reply. I apologize.

I'm not quite sure whether 'back color' is the same as 'Fill', but in the Fill dialog, all the cells in my spreadsheets are set to 'No Fill' — and despite that, the grid line disappears if I select the 'no border' option. The curious thing is that if I try this in a new, blank worksheet, it behaves just as you suggest; but in my existing worksheets it doesn't. Have you, or anyone else, any explanation of this phenomenon?