Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Claus Busch Claus Busch is offline

Default when adding a column the answer turns to zero

Hi Julia,

Am Wed, 20 Jan 2016 17:20:49 +0000 schrieb Julia Strupiechowska:

when i try to sum a column up the answer turns to zero. I think this is
because it think that the figures are text however im unable to change
them back to number.
things ive tries: checking calculations are automatic, converting back
to numbers by copying a cell with figure 0, selecting my column and
paste special, value, add.

select your numbers = Format cells = Format as General or Number =
Data = Text to Columns = Fixed Width = Finish

Regards
Claus B.
--
Vista Ultimate / Windows7
Office 2007 Ultimate / 2010 Professional