Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Claus Busch Claus Busch is offline

Default Conditional Formatting to display text in one cell according to what text is displayed in another...Please Help

Hi,

Am Wed, 20 Jan 2016 04:23:44 -0800 (PST) schrieb :

I need to make an excel cell find a value in another cell and if the value is there display a specific word in the selected cell, so basically the text in a1 is either 'a' or 'b' or maybe that value isn't there. So in b1 I need a formula to search a1 for text 'a' or 'b' and if it finds 'a' it displays 'Apple', if it finds 'b' then it displays 'banana' and if it finds neither of those values then it displays 'error'

try:
=IF(A1="a","Apple",IF(A1="b","Banana","Error"))

Regards
Claus B.
--
Vista Ultimate / Windows7
Office 2007 Ultimate / 2010 Professional