Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected] johndoconnordvr@gmail.com is offline

Default Extract Data from Dataset

I'm looking to extract data that meets a certain criteria but not sure how to do it via a macro. What I'm after:-

Workbook1= Dataset
Workbook2 = Where it will be extracted to (copied not cut)
I will copy rows 1-12 as headers first
Based on a value I input in a Dialogue box, this is the data that will be extracted to new Workbook2
The value input above will reside in Column A (starting at Row 13) in Workbook1
Once matched I will copy all the Row
The match/copy process will continue until it hits the first blank cell in Column A, signifying the end of the Dataset
Then Copying the column widths in Workbook1 to match Workbook2

I hope above makes sense