Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Claus Busch Claus Busch is offline

Default Date range in Data Validation foiled by "Today()" function

Hi Pete,

Am Thu, 7 Jan 2016 05:11:05 -0800 (PST) schrieb pete:

Hi, I've set up a date range in Data Validation to restrict entries to a certain period.

In the date field, I've got "Today()" to default to today's date. Problem is, when "Today()" is after the "End date" setting, it doesn't trigger the error.

For example, with End Date set to 6 January 2016, the Today() function already in the spreadsheet won't trigger the error today (7 Jan 2016), but if i key in "1/7/2016" then the error is triggered.

insert today's date in the cell with CTRL+.
For the Data Validation in column A with end date in C1:
custom: =TODAY()*(A1<=$C$1)
or
Date: <= End date = C1

Regards
Claus B.
--
Vista Ultimate / Windows7
Office 2007 Ultimate / 2010 Professional