robs

Default How to calculate Date & Time differences

Please help! :)

I have created an Excel spreadsheet that tracks items from a SQL
database. One of the things I need to keep track of is when one of the
cells in the Date & Time column is within one hour from the current
time. I know you can setup conditional formating to change the cell
color. However, what I am looking for is some type of formula that
will take data from the Date & Time colum and subtract the current
time. If the result is less than 1 hour I would like the cell with the
scheduled date to turn Yellow.

Below is an example of the results I am looking for. If possible I
would like to have the entire formula in conditional formating so that
I do not have to have the current time shown on the spreadsheet.

Date & Time Current Time Result
10/03/05 01:00PM 10/03/05 11:00AM No Action
10/03/05 01:00PM 10/03/05 12:05PM Date & Time cell turns
Yello

Thanks for the help!
Robs

--