Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
michaelberrier michaelberrier is offline

Default Office 365 Home Premium Excel vba options greyed out on developer tab

I use Excel as part of Office 365 Home Premium, and recently I had a workbook I've been using for a while with macros open with the message "We found a problem with some content in 'workbook.xlsm'. Do you want us to try to recover as much as we can? If you trust the source of this workbook, click Yes."

When I click Yes, I get this message: "Excel was able to open the file by repairing or removing the unreadable content. Removed Part:/xl/vbaProject.bin.part.(Visual Basic for Applications (VBA))"

Now, the workbook opens but without, predictably, the vba code. And, any VBA options or buttons are greyed out on the Developer tab.

I recently removed an "office 15 click to run extensibility component" in an effort to install Visio. That is the only change or update I've made.

How can I get VBA back?

Thanks.