Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
[email protected] maximilianbrownstein@gmail.com is offline

Default break links not working

On Monday, August 27, 2012 at 2:31:05 PM UTC+10, wrote:
You may please try the following:

Undder the formula bar, click name manager and delete the names and then give try.
I hope it will work.

Thank you for the "name manager" tip. Those links were driving me crazy!

I am working with a workbook that was created by someone else on another computer that has no connection to mine. I kept getting a links warning every time I opened the workbook. I tried "break links" and nothing changed. I tried copying and pasting only the values and the links remained. But when I went to "name manager" I saw 3 names that referenced workbooks with invalid file paths because they are on the computer that originally created my workbook. I deleted those names and the hated links warnings are gone!