Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
tb tb is offline

Default How To Search And Replace A Special Character In A String

On 11/4/2015 at 10:49:58 AM Claus Busch wrote:

Hi,

Am Wed, 4 Nov 2015 15:57:10 +0000 (UTC) schrieb tb:

I tried putting a tilde (~), an ampersand (&), or just a single
quote (') in front of the search string (ex.: ~^^^) but Excel
still does not like it.

search for "^" (without quotes) and replace with nothing.

Regards
Claus B.

Well, I'm still getting the error message as Excel seems to interpret
it as a formula...

In the Find And Replace window I enter: "^" (no quotes) in the Find
What box and I leave blank the Replace With box. Then I hit the
Replace All button.

The error window that I get starts with: "We found a problem with this
formula. etc. etc. etc."

--
tb