Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Terry Pinnell[_4_] Terry Pinnell[_4_] is offline

Default Baffling sum error?

Claus Busch wrote:

Hi Terry,

Am Mon, 28 Sep 2015 09:50:43 +0100 schrieb Terry Pinnell:

Presumably the first five entries must have become corrupted in some
obscure way?

the first five values were text formatted. Formatting them as number did
not solve the problem. In this case:
Select the numbers = Format them as numbers and then with remaining
selection goto Data = Tetx to columns = Fixed Width = Finish

Regards
Claus B.

Hi Claus,

I was hoping you'd be around!

That works fine, thank you. I've made a note for future reference.

I don't understand why it wouldn't work after formatting as Numbers?
Perhaps it's an Excel 2000 bug, or is it also true in more recent
versions?

--
Terry, East Grinstead, UK