Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Claus Busch Claus Busch is offline

Default Sumifs within Offset Match

Hi,

Am Fri, 11 Sep 2015 09:48:40 +0100 schrieb ITexcelNY:

Category is column A, Sales is B, Cost is C and Units is C.
CATEGORY SALES COST UNITS

Category repeats throughout the data, but I might add additional metrics
to the template and don't want to have to change the range of the sumif
each time I modify the data or the report and would prefer to have the
sum combined with a match formula.

For example: If you want to sum COST for each "B" in Category:
=SUMIFS(INDEX(A:D,,MATCH("COST",A1:D1,0)),A:A,"B")

Regards
Claus B.
--
Vista Ultimate / Windows7
Office 2007 Ultimate / 2010 Professional