Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Terry Pinnell[_4_] Terry Pinnell[_4_] is offline

Default Time formulas

After importing them from camera to PC I always rename my photos and
movie clips with a prefix that shows the date and time, in the format
YYMMDD-hhmmss. This allows convenient sorting and placement when I use
them for making my family DVDs.

Using Excel 2000 I'm now trying to calculate the time gap between
several hundred of these, as shown he

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...Formulas-1.jpg

(The photos are from a city bus tour in Madrid. The time gaps, used
with a bus timetable, will help me identify their location on the
route. My next camera must have GPS functionality!)

Q1: Could I get some help on how to build those two formulas please?

Q2: Prompted by Claus's help recently, I'm also trying to re-learn a
bit of the little I once knew about using Excel VBA. I'm starting with
recording (as I baulk at VBA coding, apart from copy/pasting and
simple edits). But so far my efforts to record this have failed.
Perhaps this is a macro that CANNOT be recorded? If not, how would I
proceed please?

I can do it with Macro Express Pro but I'd like to learn how to
achieve it in Excel please.

--
Terry, East Grinstead, UK