Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Claus Busch Claus Busch is offline

Default Editing a long text line?

Hi Terry,

Am Fri, 21 Aug 2015 15:07:55 +0100 schrieb Terry Pinnell:

Thanks very much, Claus. That works a treat. And your multiple line
version too.

always glad to help. Appreciate your feedback.

Never seen an XLSM file before - very handy. This page, the first I
found with a google search, seemed to imply my ancient version of
Excel wouldn't work, but it did:
http://pcsupport.about.com/od/fileex...f/xlsmfile.htm appeared

I don't know which Excel version you use. Since 2007 a workbook with
macros has to be saved as .xlsm or .xlsb
If you use an older version macros run in .xls

After following your instructions, I was unsure how to proceed beyond
this stage:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...l-Macros-2.jpg

Anyway, one way or another, it worked and solved the immediate task.
I'll avoid the strong temptation to interrupt my current project (I'm
making a family DVD) to re-study Excel macros. But as a result of your
help I will at least be able to successfully copy/paste if necessary
for the time being!

If you need the macro only in this workbook select it in the Project
Explorer with right click and choose Insert = Module. The module gets a
running number. You can also paste the code in an existing module.
It will be saved when the workbook is saved.
If you put the code into the PERSONL.xlx the macro is available in all
workbooks.

Regards
Claus B.
--
Vista Ultimate / Windows7
Office 2007 Ultimate / 2010 Professional