Vasant Nanavati

Let's say the list is in a named range called "List".

If your "current" column begins in A1 and the "new" column begins in B1,
enter the following formula in B1:

=A1+MIN(IF(List=A1,List-A1))

as an array formula with <Ctrl <Shift <Enter. Copy down as needed.

I'm sure there's a much simpler way but I can't figure one out at the
moment.

--

Vasant

wrote in message
oups.com...
How do I create a function tolook at a column of figures and select
either the match or the next highest. So if I have a column called
'current' and want to create a column called 'new', the function needs
to look at 'current', compare it with a list of figures and put the
closest higher figure from that list into the 'new' column.

Thanks
Jane