Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,soc.genealogy.computing
Steve Hayes Steve Hayes is offline

Default Dangers of using Excel as a database

On Sun, 05 Jul 2015 20:39:36 -0400, GS wrote:

But did you try to print it?

When I said the records were wrong, my wife checked, and the data was
as she entered it. It was in printing that the entry was changed.

It prints exactly as displayed whether I open the file in Excel 9, 10,
11, 12, or 14 on either of my XP Pro SP3, Win7 Pro, or Win8.1 machines!

Well then the version on my wife's computer can't be any of those,
because hers *did* behave like that.

For what it's worth, it came with MS Office 10.

--
Steve Hayes from Tshwane, South Africa
Blog: http://khanya.wordpress.com