Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Claus Busch Claus Busch is offline

Default User-defined concatenation

Hi Frank,

Am Tue, 30 Jun 2015 21:09:19 -0400 schrieb Phrank:

There's one other thing about this that I forgot to mention. The
reason I am trying to do this is to create flexibility for users to
label their log entries however they like. Some people do use all 4
items, but others only use 2 or 3. The numbers will be in range
C5:C11, so would I need to loop through that range, and then also loop
through i = 1 to 4?

in this case try:

Function Title(myRng As Range) As String
Dim i As Long, myStr As String
Dim myCnt As Long

With Application
myCnt = .Count(.Index(myRng, 0, 1))
End With

For i = 1 To myCnt
myStr = myStr & "-" & _
Evaluate("=VLOOKUP(" & i & "," & myRng.Address & ",3,0)")
Next
Title = Mid(myStr, 2)
End Function

Regards
Claus B.
--
Vista Ultimate / Windows7
Office 2007 Ultimate / 2010 Professional