Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Bruno Campanini[_2_] Bruno Campanini[_2_] is offline

Default Find Combinations

scattered explained on 29-06-15 :

So it sounds like for each row in myrange you want to find the size of the
intersection between the elements in that row and the elements in myrow, and
to tabulate these sizes (how many times it is 0 -- although you didn't
mention that explicitly, how many times it is 1, etc.) Is that an accurate
description of what you want?

There is a problem in our communications:
either I'm unable to understand what I mean or
you are unable to understand what I say.
Tertium non datur.

Let me try, for the last time, to QBE (query by example),
taking into account a further semplification of the
previous example.

myrow = 12,24,25,46 whose C4,2 combinations a
1) 12-24 2) 12-25 3) 12-46
4) 24-25 5) 24-46 6) 25-46

in myrange there is this row:
12,25,41,46

Are you able to tell me (by what code or algorithm)
that that very row of myrange contains THREE of the
previously mentioned combinations, that is:
2) 12-25
3) 12-46
6) 25-46
???