Monte75

Default Removing Volatility

I am using an OFFSET() combined with a VLOOKUP() function in the formula
below to allow me to pluck budget information from a 12 month budget.
The OFFSET() allows me to specify a month (in $B$1) and get the budget
through that month. I am pulling from many different files.

=SUM(OFFSET([asite_162.xls]Bud!$B$12:$M$60,4,0,1,VLOOKUP(LEFT($B$1,3),Sheet2! $B$3:$C$14,2,FALSE)))

My problem is that I get a #VALUE! error when I don't have the other
workbooks open. I know that this is because the formula is volatile.
Is there a way for me to tell the formula to remember the last data
instead of defaulting to an error? Is there some other workaround? I
am using Excel 2003

--
Monte75
Monte75's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=2171