Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
[email protected] ezduzitez@gmail.com is offline

Default VBA question When I search to replace parentheses in excel it givesme "-" sign

To whom it may concern,

I have this issue with one of my VBA files and I just can't figure it out. I have this search and replace macro that does a good job but I can't figure out why it places a negative (-) sign on values without a space after the parentheses. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Start example
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Finished example
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Sub Discus_Fix()
'
' Discus_Fix Macro
' Replaces redundant information on Discus AS9102 Report

Cells.Replace What:="note: ", Replacement:="", LookAt:=xlPart, _
SearchOrder:=xlByRows, MatchCase:=False, SearchFormat:=False, _
ReplaceFormat:=False

End Sub