MaggieMagill

"Bernie Deitrick" <deitbe @ consumer dot org wrote in
:

Subject: Tab Color from cell value?
From: "Bernie Deitrick" <deitbe @ consumer dot org
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Maggie,

Sure. Copy the code below, right click on the sheet of interest,
select "View Code" and paste the code in the window that appears.
Change the "A3" to the address of the cell that you want to monitor.

This assumes that the cell is calculated rather than entered manually.
If you want to enter a value into the cell manually, you will need to
use the change event - post back if you can't figure it out.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

Private Sub Worksheet_Calculate()
If Range("A3").Value 0 Then
Range("A3").Parent.Tab.ColorIndex = 4
Else
Range("A3").Parent.Tab.ColorIndex = 3

"MaggieMagill" wrote in message
Is there a way to change the tab color of a worksheet if a certain
cell has one value or another?

"If cell value is more than zero then tab color is green" type of
scenerio?

-Office Pro 2003-

Hot diggity! Now THAT is slick!!! I've never played in the world of VB
before (a little Pascal some 15 years ago) but after seeing what THAT can
do for me... Time to hit the VB Help files.

I added an "If" routine for less than zero, changed it so zero or no value
leaves the default tab color with "xlColorIndexNone" and found the color-
index value help file.

All in all - too cool! Thanks a ton!