Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Robert Crandal[_3_] Robert Crandal[_3_] is offline

Default Fast string comparison (and sort)

"Claus Busch" wrote:

there are two fast ways.
One way is the bubblesort from my last reply. You sort into the array
and write the array to column A. The code you can insert into the
compare code.
The second way is to write the array first to column A and then sort
column A ascending.

I am looking into the idea of creating a spreadsheet that stores all the
words
of multiple documents, sorted in column A. The spreadsheet will grow bigger
over time, because I will keep adding more and more words each day.

If column A already contains a long list of sort words, do you recommend
that
I load those words into an array, add my new words to the array, do a quick
sort,
and then rewrite the sorted listed back to the spreadsheet?