Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
GS[_6_] GS[_6_] is offline

Default Worksheet for designing a garden

but still, if I been established that each square is measuring 6 x 6
inches, the plan is good even if it seems flared on sheet printing

True enough! A good drawing app will provide scaling for printing so
that it doesn't distort for any given size of paper. For example, OP's
layout is 23 ft. by 17 ft. On a 1:1 scale the printout sheet size would
have to be at least "C" to get 1"=1' scaling. So scaling that down
further to 8.5 x 14 would result a lot of waste space on the sheet
given default margins are .25" even if you set them to zero.

It used to be that a plotter gave the best printouts, but apps most now
convert vector output to suit the printer being used. I put my plotter
in storage after I bought my 1st HP wide format printer. This vector
conversion is especially true now that 3D printing has become so much
more affordable!

Most of the problems, as you say, will manifest using Excel instead of
a drawing app. Heck, you can probably download an app from Home Depot
(or use one online) for designing just about anything!

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!
comp.lang.basic.visual.misc