FranklinGilm FranklinGilm is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoodGordon View Post
I have a Dell Inspiron laptop with Vista. Its about 1 1/2 years old. Starting yesterday, I can not open any selected Excel file -- 2007 .xlsx or 2003 xls -- from any file folder. I get the error message as stated above. I can open excel files from a blank Excel document from the menu shown when selecting the Office button. I can open Word files without problems. I have re-installed MS Office Home and Student 2007, using the disk supplied with the Dell laptop. I chose the "repair" option when I re-installed.
A corrupt excel spreadsheet can be repaired by using Open and Repair technique. It is a built-in repair function that opens a corrupt excel file forcefully.*
*Open*MS Excel *press*Ctrl+O *locate corrupt excel spreadsheet and select it.
*Click on the arrow shown beside*Open*button**select*Open and Repair.
It will take just a few seconds to be completed and selected file will be opened, if possible.

Or if this doesn't work, one may take help of a third-party.
Excel Repair Toolbox is efficient corrupt XLSX file repair software, suitable for all data recovery activities, applied to Microsoft Excel documents. The size of Microsoft Office 2007 XLSX file repair software download is really small therefore the service of .XLSX repair tool online can be applied pretty fast. Read mo https://www.xlsxrepairtoolbox.com/